Friday, June 17, 2011

rainbow cake and pinwheels cupcakes :)

Haven't had a food update in a while....so today, I whipped something up, just for you =)
Ever since I saw Martha Stewart's Rainbow Cake recipe, I knew I had to try it someday. And boy how happy it made me =)

If you want to do this the easy way, (like I did) use white cake mix and Williams Sonoma's decorating pastes in primary colours. 
 I used a tiny 4inch cake pan and sliced them into two halves, which in the end yield two tiny cakes.
 My uneven layers haha but still, how much do you love these layers????

Excuse my messed up icing job, I ran out of icing for ambitiously thinking I can use one batch for two cakes! I love this rainbow cake!


love, love, love!


Click for Martha Stewart's recipe! Although, as I said, I used a white cake mix with homemade cream cheese icing. I also made these cupcakes today for a gender neutral baby shower. I love pinwheels =)

1 comment:

ate jils said...

Those are beautiful! Thank you! <3

Thanks August Empress for the cool background!