Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Thursday, March 24, 2011
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (or in this case, candy coated chocolate bits)
On a baking sheet, drop spoonfuls and make sure they are at least 3 inches apart.
Bake for 15-17 minutes.
Makes 24 cookies.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Saturday, March 19, 2011
I love lazy lounging Saturdays. I think I've just gained back the 12 lbs. I lost when I got sick. Chicken wings for last night's dinner, red velvet cake for breakfast and beef and heavily cheesed nachos for lunch. I guess I deserve a no-counting calories day at least every once in a while, considering how little I've been eating the last few months. I've been really good in keeping the weight off, and watching my food intake. I hope I can increase my activity level as well. Hopefully, spring is coming soon and we'll be running outside again in no time. It was nice today, deceivingly sunny and still slightly cold but nice enough to do outdoor activities I guess, except I spent half the day dozing off and watching TV all day --- truly a relaxing and worry free day.
Some random thoughts:
- I hate people on Facebook who has nothing better to post but complain about Canadian weather. I mean, seriously! I've had about enough of your whining about how cold it is and how much you can't stand winter. What did you expect? If you're so unhappy, maybe you should move somewhere else! Geez! I guess the same could be said about me. If you're so sick of weather-themed Facebook updates, get off Facebook! Haha...
- Okay, now that's out of my system, I seriously want to learn how to ride a bike. Just seems like something fun to do in the summer time :)
- I love LivingSocial deals. Have you checked it out yet? They have the most amazing spa deals (they have other stuff too, great discounts to your local stores). Check it out and you'll see what I mean.
- I love that you can google pretty much everything on the planet. Anything you've ever thought of -- type it. You'll be amazed at what you'll find.
- I have a weeklong project in mind. I can't tell you just yet, but I'm very excited so I'm sure you'll find out soon enough :)
- I haven't done our taxes!!
- I wanna go somewhere. Not forever, just for the time being. And no, I'm not complaining about the weather. I just want a mini trip somewhere and looking up trips on travel websites isn't exactly helping. Do you know it's only $649 to fly from Toronto to Paris return. Yes, I said return with taxes included! Yup! Check out Air Transat. Now!
- I've blogged the most this month than any other month. Woohoo! Hopefully, I can keep doing this daily blogging thing :p
Anyway, enough about my random stuff. How are you spending your Saturday? Are you watching the supermoon??
Friday, March 18, 2011
5. Now, you see those lines on the side that complete your rectangle? Sometimes, you don't want that to appear on your printing. What you can do is replace the rectangles with the Line Tool to make your straight lines like what I've done with this next picture.
Here are the separate pieces to see them more closely. As you see, I used a picture of an acorn all around my belly band and used paper glue to connect them. I also used a ribbon on top of my belly band.
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Anyway, I had some spinach and shrimp left in the fridge and I thought, I'm sure I can put together something to put these two to good use. Spinach is one of the healthiest vegetables and it's rich in so many nutrients including Vitamin A, Iron, Calcium, folic acid and many more. Remember the old Popeye and Olive cartoons? Spinach really is good for you =)
- Cook pasta as package directions suggests.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper on shrimp.
- Heat butter on a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the minced garlic. Saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and saute for about 5 to 10 minutes. I like my shrimps well cooked, so cook it to what you desire. Add tomatoes.
- Add the spinach and saute until cooked.
- Aside, mix 1/2 cup of milk and flour and stir to avoid clumping. Add to the skillet.
- Add the chicken cube and mix well. Season as desired.
- Squeeze some lemon before serving, or in my case, I added a little bit of orange rind. It adds quite a bit of flavour.
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Monday, March 14, 2011
Are you a DIY bride? One thing I love about weddings is when the bride and groom personally take part in creating items to be used for their wedding. I think it makes weddings much more personal and really reflect the couple's personality. A and I did everything for our wedding (except for flowers, cake and photography). We made our invitations, wedding favours, escort cards, table numbers, menu, wish tree, wedding cd and even the gifts to give away to guests for the reception games. We loved that we were able to both contribute to the most important day of our lives.
Thanks August Empress for the cool background!