Saturday, February 19, 2011

play me something

The last few days, I've been hearing this voice in my head saying, "Time to update! Time to update!" and soon enough, I couldn't ignore it any longer. I didn't have anything exciting to share and so the idea of just sitting and writing seemed harder and harder. But alas, I think I'm sort of out of the rut. I mean, come on, Valentine's Day has come and gone, and not one post of anything crafty. I must be out of my mind!

Anyway, I'm not much of a V-day kind of person, I actually think it's sort of ridiculous when you think about the amount of money people spend on flowers and stupid looking bears you will end up throwing out before the end of the year...However --- Meet Sponge Bob.

I can't remember where we got him exactly. It must be from a Happy Meal or something, but he's actually pretty cool. He has the capacity to record short phrases which you can later play and listen to. At times when I hardly see A because of our conflicting work schedules, we would leave random, albeit corny, short messages through him to amuse each other and serve as a reminder that we are not that far from each other after all. I know, right? We're cheesy that way =P

Anyway...he's been sort of sitting near our message board by the door, and for awhile, we've actually forgotten about him. One day, as I was heading out the door for a night shift, I randomly picked him up and pressed play. It was A of course saying, "in the drawer" (which is definitely different from his usual "you're ugly", and "I love you" messages). I kept thinking, I wonder when he recorded this message....and there, in the drawer was a light blue box with a white ribbon. Yes, one of my favorite things! And no, it wasn't Valentine's Day. See girls, the way I see it, I don't need Valentine's Day to be showered with love. A is more than enough. =)


Anyway, in light of getting out of the rut, I'm cooking again. I even managed to bake again. It's been awhile and I'm just happy I'm slowly starting to feel like my normal self. 


Anyway, I hope you're all feeling better than I am and spending wonderful times with your respective families.

 Happy Family Day!

Thanks August Empress for the cool background!