It's been raining almost everyday in Toronto but I refuse to be bogged down by this almost depressing weather. In times like this, it's nice to stay in and indulge in your favourite comfort foods. For me, it's cupcakes =) How can this sunny batch not bring a smile on your face, even on a gloomy day, like today?
I haven't cooked in a while, so here's a good old recipe for Filipino style chicken noodle soup!
Chicken Noodle Soup
4 chicken breasts
3 cups of pasta (macaroni or shells)
5 pieces of chicken hotdogs (cut lengthwise and into half-moons)
2 medium sized carrots (cut into half circles)
3 stalks of celery
1 whole onion minced
4 cloves of garlic minced
2 tablespoons of butter
4 cups of milk
3 cups of chicken broth
3 chicken bouillon cubes
1. Place the chicken breast in a large pot with 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil, or until the chicken is cooked and tender.
2. Drain the chicken. Save 3 cups of the broth in a bowl. Use a strainer to remove the fat and chicken bits. Cut the chicken into strips and set aside
3. In a separate pot, cook the pasta. In another pot, bring the eggs and the carrots to a boil. Drain and set aside.
4. Add the butter in a pan on medium heat. When melted, saute the garlic and onion. Add the hotdogs and chicken strips and cook until brown, and almost crispy.
5. Transfer in a large pot. Add the milk, chicken broth and chicken bouillon cubes.
6. Add the celery, carrots, hardboiled eggs and pasta.
So, go ahead. Bring your umbrella and enjoy the weather!
random shot from Madison Square Park