Thursday, August 04, 2011

summer lovin'

Children have neither past nor future; they enjoy the present, which very few of us do.  
~Jean de la Bruyere

Spent the long weekend visiting my brother and his family in Delaware. Love these photos I've taken of his kids! Back when they were younger, I had the chance to play mommy with his girls and I was so lucky to have had the chance to spend as much time with them the way I did. You can almost feel Janey's happiness in this picture. Love, love, love!
It was a great long weekend spent with my best friend's family as well. It's been awhile since we had a road trip together. If I'm not mistaken, it's been at least a couple of years ago. Rory is such a happy kid. He was hesitant to play with the hippo (the sprinkler) and yet he couldn't hide his happiness in this picture. It was a hot day and this couldn't have been more refreshing. I almost wanted to join and and play in the water with them. 
Some random pictures taken this summer. I guess being a summer baby, I can't hide how much I love summer. 

No comments:

Thanks August Empress for the cool background!