Tuesday, August 19, 2008

something new...


Life is like an ice cream cone. You have to lick it one day at a time.

-Charles M. Schulz

I've been working evenings for six straight days and on my final night, I'm rewarding myself by eating this:


I'm getting cross-trained to a new area and though it is still related to what I was doing before, it is unfamiliar to what I have gotten so used to. And just like everybody, I tend to resist change which makes the transition all the more confusing and frustrating. I feel like a fish out of water and most days, I feel my heart pulsating faster than its normal rhythm. It took me a year to get comfortable on my old unit and now, I'm back to the same situation of always doubting and second-guessing myself (which I hate).

I know eventually I'll get used to this new place, too and most likely even love it as much as the other place, but it's still taking me awhile to be able to just relax and breathe.

Speaking of something new, A's got new body art...

No comments:

Thanks August Empress for the cool background!