Monday, January 04, 2010

thai ginger chicken in peanut sauce

So yeah, I made dessert before I made lunch. Haha! Anyway, I am running out of vegetables in my fridge. I only had red peppers, a carrot, a zucchini and bag of spinach. I also know I had some boneless, skinless chicken breast waiting for its fate. Anyway, this is actually made using a mix of peanut sauce with some coconut milk.
My mom always said to never be afraid of mixing different types of vegetables even when they seem to not go well together. Check below for the recipe =)
Thai Ginger Chicken with Peanut Sauce

Ingredients:

skinless, boneless chicken breast,
any two types of vegetables as you please.

For this recipe I used one red bell pepper and one medium zucchini (you can also use mushrooms for this recipe). I also used some garlic and a medium sized (about the size of half your palm)ginger root. I also used a peanut sauce mix and half a can of coconut milk.

Start by heating up the pan with some canola/vegetable oil (medium heat). Add the garlic into the pan. Then add the chicken and the ginger cut into strips. Stir fry until the chicken has a nice golden brown colour. Add a little bit of salt, or some fish sauce to season. (Don't ask. It's a Filipino thing)

In a saucepan, mix your peanut sauce with 1/2 a can of coconut milk. Add the sauce into the pan. Simmer for a bit. Meanwhile, mix 2 tablespoons of water with a little bit of flour or cornstarch. Mix well and add into the pan. This will make the sauce a little bit thicker. Add the vegetables last. This will ensure that the vegetables will not be overcooked.

After a few minutes, turn off the heat and serve. Enjoy! =)

No comments:

Thanks August Empress for the cool background!